GOEPIC.PT provides online travel services through its own website.
What kind of personal information does GOEPIC.PT use?
When you make a reservation, you’ll be asked for your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and your preferences for your activity.
When you visit our website, even if you don’t make a reservation, we may collect certain information, like your IP address, or browser, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
WHY DOES GOEPIC.PT COLLECT, USE AND SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
• Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details to the Provider from which you have booked an activity.
• Customer service: Sharing your details with our partners allows for a quick response when you need us – including helping you to find an appropriate service and any questions you might have about your reservation.
• Activity reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to write an Activity review after your experience. This can help other travelers to choose an activity that suits them best.
• Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
o When you make a reservation with us, we may use your contact information to send you news about similar travel-related products and services. We also send our customers regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communication at any time.
o Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the GOEPIC.PT website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites.
o When we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you by phone.
• Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
o We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
o If you haven’t finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the service items again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
o When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with GOEPIC.PT.
o We may also send you other material related to your reservation, such as how to contact GOEPIC.PT if you need assistance while you’re away, or a summary of previous reservations you made using GOEPIC.PT.
• Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
• Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
• Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
HOW DOES GOEPIC.PT USE SOCIAL MEDIA?
We use social media to promote our partners’ Activities and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services website.
HOW DOES GOEPIC.PT SHARE YOUR DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties.
• The activity you booked: In order to complete your reservation, we need to transfer relevant reservation details to the Providers you booked with. This may include information like your name, contact and payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking.
• Third-party service providers: We may use third-party service providers to process your personal information on our behalf for the purposes specified above. For example, we may use service providers to send the reservation information on our behalf to the service item you just booked, or we may instruct third parties to contact you. When a reservation requires it, we may also work with third-party payment service providers to facilitate payment or payment guarantees. We also work with third-party advertisement networks to market our accommodation and services on other platforms, or involve third-party providers for analytical purposes. These third parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those specified above.
• Business partners: We work with business partners around the world to distribute or advertise services and to help our business partners distribute and advertise their travel-related services. This may mean that their services are integrated into our website or they have been enabled to show a customized advertisement on our website – or we are advertising on theirs. When you make a reservation on one of our business partners’ websites, certain personal data that you give them will be forwarded to us. Certain business partners may receive your personal data from us if requested by you. When you make a reservation on a business partners’ website, please read the privacy policies on these business partners’ websites for more information.
HOW DOES GOEPIC.PT USE MOBILE DEVICES?
We use versions of our regular website that have been optimized for mobile. This mobile websites process your personal details in a similar way as our website does – and also allow you to use location services to find services nearby.
HOW DOES GOEPIC.PT USE GUEST REVIEWS AND OTHER DESTINATION-RELATED INFORMATION YOU SHARE WITH US?
After your use any service booked through us, you’ll be invited to submit a guest review, which may ask for information about the service item, the surrounding areas, and the destination. If you don’t want your name to show with your review, you can use your screen name or it can be displayed anonymously. By completing a guest review, you’re agreeing that it can be displayed on, for example, the relevant service information page on ou website, in our social media accounts and in social apps, or on the website of the relevant property or on our business partner’s website, to inform other travelers about the quality of the service item you used.
If you indicate that a guest review was helpful – or not helpful – we will aggregate this with feedback from other customers in order to sort and prioritize guest reviews. We may use the information in your lists or in other destination-related information you share with us in an anonymous format to help other travelers find the right destination and Service.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to cookies and similar technologies (hereafter together referred to as “cookies”).
WHY ARE COOKIES USED?
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognized as the same user across pages. Cookies enable your browser to be recognized by the website. So cookies are mainly used to remember the choices you have made – choices such as the language you prefer and the currency you use. They will also make sure you are recognized when you return to a website.
DO ALL COOKIES DO THE SAME THING?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorized according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
HOW ARE COOKIES USED?
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
• Technical cookies: We try to provide our visitors with an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
• Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our website efficiently and effectively. For example, we remember your preferred currency and language, your searches and the property you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
• Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight on how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you viewed, which referring/exit pages you entered and left from, which platform type you used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also use analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they’ve been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites. We will not know who you are, and we only obtain anonymous data.
• Commercial cookies: We use these to show you GOEPIC.PT advertisements on other websites. This is called “retargeting” and it aims to be based on your browsing activities on our website, such as the destinations you’ve been searching for, the properties you’ve viewed and the prices you’ve been shown.
HOW LONG DO GOEPIC.PT COOKIES STAY ACTIVE?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want.
HOW CAN YOU RECOGNIZE GOEPIC.PT COOKIES?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
DOES GOEPIC.PT USE THIRD-PARTY MARKETING AND ANALYTICS COOKIES?
Yes GOEPIC.PT uses the services of trusted and recognized online advertising and marketing companies. GOEPIC.PT may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO GOEPIC.PT COOKIE DATA?
Only GOEPIC.PT has access to GOEPIC.PT cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR COOKIE PREFERENCES?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the “Help” function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. Plus, opting out of an online advertising network doesn’t mean that you won’t receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network you opted out of will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
WHAT SECURITY PROCEDURES DOES GOEPIC.PT PUT IN PLACE TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal information you give us.
Your credit card details – Your credit card details are handled by Paypal and Stripe.
The services offered by GOEPIC.PT are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL THE PERSONAL DATA YOU HAVE GIVEN TO GOEPIC.PT?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at [email protected] Please write “Request personal information” in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing your personal data.
If the personal information we have for you is incorrect, we will update it at your request. You can also ask us to remove your personal data from our customer database by sending an email to [email protected] with “Request for removal of personal information” in the subject line. However, we may need to retain certain information, for example, for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA ON THE GOEPIC.PT WEBSITE?
GOEPIC.PT controls the processing of personal data on his websites. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy notice, please send an email to [email protected]